Rejlers International Engineering Solutions AB operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and delivers high-quality engineering and project services to Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries mainly in UAE and other Arabian Gulf Countries. This year the Company has been operating in UAE for 10 years and its parent company has been in business for almost 80 years. We share a strong Nordic Engineering heritage of high-quality and frontline innovations.
We are now looking for Civil Structural Designer to execute projects and support bids in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Civil Structural Designer reports to Lead Civil Structural Engineer and assigned Project Manager.
Civil Structural Designer is responsible for handling civil structural design using licensed 2D / 3D software normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in oil & gas.
In your role you will execute civil structural design deliverables in projects in a safe manner, within budget and schedule and with quality.
You should have a desire to work on multi discipline local as well overseas projects and be able to drive discipline goals by leading assigned civil structural designers.
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your success. We also value people for whom safety are part of their professional skills.
Civil Structural Designer shall be technically qualified (Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 10 years’ minimum Oil & Gas experience) in civil structural discipline, 2D/3D CADD systems, specifically in Engineering Designs and interdisciplinary layout preparation utilizing the 2D/3D Modeling techniques.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to review and understand Client's technical documentation and requirements
- Must have good knowledge and extensive experience with ADNOC / Shell DEP standards and drafting procedures
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of civil, structural and architectural drawings
- Able to organize inputs for preparation of civil, structural and architectural drawings
- Must be able to prepare and develop 3D models using licensed software.
- Must be able to prepare and develop 2D drawings and 3D models using licensed software for the following but not limited to:
- Civil & Structural Standard Drawings (General Notes, Handrail, Ladder, Manhole, Stairways etc.,)
- Roads & Pavements Details
- Develop grading layout drawings
- Civil General Arrangement Drawings
- Underground Composite Drawngs
- Substation Buildings - Architectural Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Control Building - Architectural Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Service Building (RDS) - Architectural Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Technical Structures - Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Shelter Structures - Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Pipe Rack - Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Concrete Foundations - Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Concrete Pits - Plan, Section, Elevation & Details
- Cooperating with other engineering disciplines, customers and subcontractors locally or overseas
- Must be able to review and check civil structural design deliverables
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with 10 years minimum Oil & Gas experience
- Good verbal as well written communication skills, leadership and coordination, analytic and pro-active approach competence in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries.
- Willingness to overcome challenges and pressure during peak of project.
- Willing to do extensive site-surveys during project execution.
- Proficiency in the use of the following software is a must
- Smart Plant 3D
- Tekla Structures
- AutoCAD and Microstation
- Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred Skills & Experience
- UAE local experience is added value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Shares the company values of teamwork, transparency, honesty, and equality
- Team player, hardworking, problem solver and have a can-do attitude
- Meets UAE visa requirements
Our work is guided by our vision: Home of the learning minds. We believe in continuous learning and development. We want to succeed both as individuals and as a company through a common goal: success through continuous learning.
Do you want to join us?
Please apply at once as we proceed with suitable candidates as soon as possible. Submit your application, CV, and salary expectation latest by 5th October 2022.
Rejlers offers versatile engineering services for customers within industrial, energy, construction and infrastructure sectors. We also provide our customers with digital service solutions by combining ICT and engineering expertise. Rejlers' expertise is available to customers as consultancy services, service products and project solutions. We have around 1,000 employees who work in over 20 locations in Finland and UAE. Operations in Finland started in 1980 in Mikkeli, and our turnover in 2021 amounted to around EUR 102 million. We are part of the Nordic Rejlers AB, which is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm's Nordic stock exchange.