Rejlers International Engineering Solutions AB operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and delivers high-quality engineering and project services to Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries mainly in UAE and other Arabian Gulf Countries. This year the Company has been operating in UAE for 10 years and its parent company has been in business for almost 80 years. We share a strong Nordic Engineering heritage of high-quality and frontline innovations.
We are now looking for Sr. Designer, AVEVA – Instrumentation to execute projects and support bids in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The duration of the assignment will be for 6 months.
The Sr. Designer, AVEVA – Instrumentation reports to the Line Manager and the assigned Project Manager.
The Sr. Designer, AVEVA – Instrumentation is responsible for handling engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in oil & gas.
In your role, you will Lead and Execute projects with the designer team and also will be responsible to prepare instrumentation and automation engineering documents and drawings as required for project and assigned by the Project Manager.
You should have a desire to be at the forefront of the oil and gas sector and deliver outstanding projects.
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your success. We also value people for whom safety are part of their professional skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will support the team on process industry-based project design work for smooth execution.
- To assist Engineers / Design Manager / Discipline Manager for the engineering design of the project.
- Ensure verification of source data, concept drawings / concepts as required.
- In-depth knowledge of the operation of a modern CAD Design based multi-discipline drawing office.
- Excellent experience in all design modules of Smart Plant and Aveva suite of application.
- Good AutoCAD skills, Word Processing and Spreadsheet capability.
- Good experience in site verification, As-Building activities (i.e. Walkthrough, interpreting data from 3D laser Scanning etc.) and use of Smartplant review or Navisworks.
- Good general knowledge of the Standard and Codes applicable to drawings prepared for the Oil industry.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multi-disciplinary design drafting work to meet the target dates.
- Strong leadership skills, with written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills. Good command of English language.
- Familiar with multi-discipline drafting/ modelling functions (Electrical/Instrumentation, Piping/ Mechanical/Civil/Structural) and specialist in one major discipline e.g. piping/ Mechanical and one of tool of Smartplant tool / Aveva tool.
- Diploma in Engineering Technology from a Technical Institute.
- 10 years design drafting experience in oil and gas industry or related process industries and 5 years supervisory experience.
- Working experience with reputed Engineering Consultant(s) is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Team player, smart-working, problem solver and can-do attitude
- Fluent in English language, Arabic speaking is an added advantage.
- Shares the company values of learning minds, diversity, equality, transparency, and honesty
- Meets with UAE visa requirements
- Must be in UAE, Ready to Join.
Our work is guided by our vision: Home of the learning minds. We believe in continuous learning and development. We want to succeed both as individuals and as a company through a common goal: success through continuous learning.
Do you want to join us?
Please apply at once as we proceed with suitable candidates as soon as possible. Submit your application, CV with Colour Photo, and salary expectation latest by 27th May 2022.
Rejlers offers versatile engineering services for customers within industrial, energy, construction and infrastructure sectors. We also provide our customers with digital service solutions by combining ICT and engineering expertise. Rejlers' expertise is available to customers as consultancy services, service products and project solutions. We have more than 1,000 employees who work in over 20 locations in Finland and UAE. Operations in Finland started in 1980 in Mikkeli, and our turnover in 2020 amounted to around EUR 87 million. We are part of the Nordic Rejlers AB, which is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm's Nordic stock exchange.