Rejlers International Engineering Solutions AB operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and delivers high-quality engineering and project services to Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries mainly in UAE and other Arabian Gulf Countries. This year the Company has been operating in UAE for 10 years and its parent company has been in business for almost 80 years. We share a strong Nordic Engineering heritage of high-quality and frontline innovations.
We are now looking for Senior Engineer - QA/QC to be part in our organization in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Senior Engineer - QA/QC reports to the designated Line Manager.
This job function is to be assigned in projects, taking the role of Quality Assurance/Quality Control Engineer. In addition, the job position aims to be a focal point on all aspects of quality-related issues in the engineering projects and to establish good operational relationships and liaise with the client and subcontractor personnel in order to ensure that the project’s quality goals and objectives are achieved.
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your success. We also value people for whom safety are part of their professional skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main duties and responsibilities of the Senior QA/QC Engineer are but not limited to the following:
- Carries out all activities related to quality assurance and quality control necessary in providing design and engineering consultancy services.
- Prepares and implements project quality plans, programs, and procedures and maintains compliance with project and client requirements.
- Review all QA/QC aspects of proposals and detailed designs, drawings, specifications, data sheets for the projects based on the project’s Scope of Work, Project Quality Plan, applicable client specifications and other international and national standards, stated within the project’s quality plans.
- Develop QA/QC procedures, reports and liaison with Clients,
- Ensure client, sub-contractor, vendor, and fabricator QA/QC programs are fully developed, and comply with the requirements of the Projects Quality Plan.
- Provide technical support on all QA/QC related issues and develop standard operating procedures of the Project.
- Provide input to all disciplines on QA/QC issues and where required provide solutions to all QA/QC issues.
- Improve Projects QA/QC performance by investigating and identifying inhibitors of maximum achievement by working with the participants to secure agreement on both the recognition of the problem itself and action necessary for improvements.
- Conducts quality audits on subcontractors, vendors, and fabricators to ensure implementation of QA/QC procedures and quality plan applicable at site or project locations.
- Review and analyze quality-related data from the project, nonconformity reports and client complaints to identify adverse trends and implement preventive action.
- Prepare weekly and monthly QA/QC reports, statistics, presentations related to Quality performance at site or project locations as required.
- Conduct or arrange QHSE training and inductions for new employees, visitors and contractors and sub-contractors at site or project locations.
- Identify quality-related training requirements and arrange/implement training for personnel at site or project locations.
- Identify and track quality metrics on projects
- To establish good communication and effective coordination between the projects and the branch company’s QHSE Department.
- Engineering Graduate (Bachelors or Masters)
- Minimum of 10 years proven work experience in similar capacity related with petro-chemical and oil/gas industry.
- Experienced in all stages of project delivery (Studies, FEED and Detail Engineering)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to details.
- Ability to effectively present QA/QC related information to the Management, Clients, Principal Contractors, Subcontractors and other interested parties.
- Excellent people management skills with solid understanding of customer interface
- Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to overcome challenges and pressure during peak of activities
- Fluent in English language, both in verbal and written
- Shares the company vision of “Home of the Learning Minds”, and values such as team work, transparency, honesty, diversity and equality
- Team player, hardworking, problem solver and have can-do attitude. Ready to join in short notice is added value
- Understands dynamics of engineering business
- Strong understanding of project control and scheduling
- Meets with UAE visa requirements
Our work is guided by our vision: Home of the learning minds. We believe in continuous learning and development. We want to succeed both as individuals and as a company through a common goal: success through continuous learning.
Do you want to join us?
Please apply at once as we proceed with suitable candidates as soon as possible. Submit your application, CV, and salary expectation latest by 30th January 2022.
Rejlers offers versatile engineering services for customers within industrial, energy, construction and infrastructure sectors. We also provide our customers with digital service solutions by combining ICT and engineering expertise. Rejlers' expertise is available to customers as consultancy services, service products and project solutions. We have more than 1,000 employees who work in over 20 locations in Finland and UAE. Operations in Finland started in 1980 in Mikkeli, and our turnover in 2020 amounted to around EUR 87 million. We are part of the Nordic Rejlers AB, which is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm's Nordic stock exchange.