Rejlers International Engineering Solutions AB operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and delivers high-quality engineering and project services to Oil & Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industries mainly in UAE and other Arabian Gulf Countries. This year the Company has been operating in UAE for 10 years and its parent company has been in business for almost 80 years. We share a strong Nordic Engineering heritage of high-quality and frontline innovations.
We are now looking for Lead Engineer, Civil & Structural to execute projects and support bids in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Lead Engineer, Civil & Structural reports to Line Manager, Civil & Structural.
Lead Civil Structural Engineer is responsible for handling engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in oil & gas.
In your role you will execute civil structural design deliverables in projects in a safe manner, within budget and schedule and with quality.
You should have a desire to work on multi discipline local as well overseas projects and be able to drive discipline goals by leading assigned discipline designers and engineers.
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your success. We also value people for whom safety are part of their professional skills.
Lead Civil Structural Engineer shall be technically qualified (Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 15 years’ minimum Oil & Gas experience and Min. 8 years in Lead role) in civil and structural.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as Lead and interact with the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development
- Ability to review and understand Client's technical documentation and requirements, interpret topographical and geotechnical survey inputs, carry out detailed site surveys, verification and data collection;
- Must have good knowledge with various design codes such as ACI, ASCE, AISC, BS, Eurocode and extensive experience with ADNOC / Shell DEP standards
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of civil, structural and architectural drawings.
- Must be able to develop framing concepts and civil layouts
- Must have knowledge in blast resistant and resilient design
- Able to organize inputs and supervise for preparation of civil, structural and architectural drawings, material take offs and calculations.
- Must be able to develop calculation report for various steel and concrete structures such as, equipment structures, shelters, pipe racks, substation buildings, control buildings, service building, etc.
- Must be able to develop drainage calculations
- Mandatory software skills in STAAD Pro, Mat3D, Ram Connections, AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Knowledgeable with Autodesk Robot, IdeaStatica and Tekla Tedds is a plus.
- Must have basic knowledge of Tekla Structures
- Understand the interface within multi-discipline project
- Should take full responsibility of proper and timely execution of project deliverable ensuring full compliance with quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines and project management teams.
- Coordinate within members of civil structural discipline, other engineering disciplines within the organization or project team as well as with Clients and third parties.
- Participates in progress review meetings and be aware of project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned and close-out.
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects
- Is able to produce proposals for projects which involve man hour and schedule estimates for civil structural discipline
- Should be able to add value plus/ optimization ideas
- Cooperating with other engineering disciplines, customers and subcontractors locally or overseas
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with 15 years minimum Oil & Gas experience and minimum 8 years in Lead role
- Good verbal as well written communication skills, leadership and coordination, analytic and pro-active approach competence in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries.
- Willingness to overcome challenges and pressure during peak of project.
- Willing to do extensive site-surveys during project execution.
- UAE local experience is added value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in the English language
- Shares the company values of teamwork, transparency, honesty, and equality
- Team player, hardworking, problem solver and have a can-do attitude
- Meets UAE visa requirements
Our work is guided by our vision: Home of the learning minds. We believe in continuous learning and development. We want to succeed both as individuals and as a company through a common goal: success through continuous learning.
Do you want to join us?
Please apply at once as we proceed with suitable candidates as soon as possible. Submit your application, CV, and salary expectation latest by 26th January 2022.
Rejlers offers versatile engineering services for customers within industrial, energy, construction and infrastructure sectors. We also provide our customers with digital service solutions by combining ICT and engineering expertise. Rejlers' expertise is available to customers as consultancy services, service products and project solutions. We have more than 1,000 employees who work in over 20 locations in Finland and UAE. Operations in Finland started in 1980 in Mikkeli, and our turnover in 2020 amounted to around EUR 87 million. We are part of the Nordic Rejlers AB, which is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm's Nordic stock exchange.